ODC offers its members many direct services. In addition to specific services, members also enjoy numerous membership benefits through their affiliation with the Council.
- Lobbies on behalf of the processing sector with the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, Dairy Farmers of Ontario, and other provincial or federal government agencies
- Acts as an industry spokesperson on issues relevant to the dairy processing industry
- Has representation at the national Canadian Milk Supply Management Committee (CMSMC) and the regional P5 Supervisory Body, both of which are decision-making bodies
- Participates in numerous industry committees on behalf of the processing sector such as Secretariat of CMSMC, P5 Technical Committee, Plant Audit Committee, Dairy Lab Technical Committee, Workplace Safety & Prevention Services, the Dairy Products Committee of the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair Association, the Transportation Task Force, the selection committee of the Domestic Dairy Product Innovation Program, and 1C/4C Selection Committee.
- Emails News & Views , the association’s newsletter, six times per year providing members with an update on Council activities and relevant industry issues; and E.Voice , an update to processor members
- Holds an annual convention each June to bring together industry leaders for two days of education, business and social programs, and networking opportunities
- Holds an annual golf tournament
- Offers Plant Milk and Cream Graders’ training and HTST Pasteurization training to all industry players through the association’s continuing education program along with refresher sessions for graders at renewal time each year. ODC also offers the 2-part training program – Understanding Ontario’s Dairy Processing Industry
- Provides an annual Health & Safety Awards program for members
- Processing Members have the opportunity to promote their company-owned retail stores throught ODC’s www.dairystores.ca website.
- Be a part of the united voice of industry (representing nearly 97% of the province’s milk supply)
- Have access and networking opportunities with key representatives of most Ontario dairy processors, and many dairy distributors, marketers and suppliers to the industry
- Have direct access to Dairy Farmers of Ontario, Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, Ontario Milk Transport Association and many other affiliated organizations and government agencies
- Liaise directly with Quebec Dairy Council, Dairy Processors Association of Canada and other dairy processor organizations
- Have direct access to knowledgeable staff working on your behalf
- Have direct access to a clearing house of information on the dairy industry
- Receive direct information about issues affecting your customers
- Provide direct funding and support to vital dairy research at the University of Guelph
- Have direct access to a dairy research team at the University of Guelph
- Have access to an extensive library of dairy publications
- Receive public relations opportunities through the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair
- Click here to BECOME A MEMBER